In need of a reboot? Struggling to make it to your 9am lecture? Don’t rely on a can of sugar to give you wings. Put down the cup of coffee and fuel your body with food that will boost productivity and sustain concentration. Follow these easy, energising and nutritious tips to help recharge your batteries without needing to fly away on a red bull.
1) A hand full of raw nuts works wonders if you’re feeling weak. Rich in minerals that convert sugar into energy make them the prefect pick-me-up snack. Grab a bag of almonds, hazelnuts or cashews from the market in the Victoria centre for a price you can go nuts for.
2) Scare away sleepiness with the extra energy from vitamins, omega-3-fatty-acids and iron provided in just a handful.
3) How do you like your eggs in the morning? Scramble, poached, boiled or fried they are packed with protein that enhances energy levels and jump-starts your day.
4) If munching on popcorn at the cinema sounds like a good way to recharge, then you’re in luck. As long as it’s not smothered in butter, popcorn is a good source of carbohydrate and high in fibre making it one of the top high-energy foods!
5) Try swapping the coffee for a cup of green tea. High in awakening antioxidants, beat the caffeine cravings whilst fighting fatigue and you’ll be on your way to a more energetic you!