The cliche stereotype that Students live on pot noodle and cereal could be on it’s way out. Amazon students reveal their sales in cookery books shot up by an immense 70% in the last year, showing that students are committed to improving their kitchen skills. You would think that academic books would be at the top of most purchased books on Amazon, but no, it’s baking and slow cooker recipes books topped the charts.
Celebrity chef’s are still influencing us with Jamie Oliver leading the way, followed by s Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood. Could the reason for students sudden interest in extending their cooking skills be due to the rise in popularity of shows such as “The Great British Bake Off”, “Come Dine With Me” and “Masterchef”. Without a doubt, a competitive game of “Come Dine With Me” with the flat mates is a good way to do some quality bonding, and the success of making a delicious meal can be quite satisfying for some.
However, if you have are currently reading this article, with a pot noodle in your hand and have no idea what we’re talking about, there’s no need to worry. Below we have listed the top 10 cookbooks purchased on Amazon, so you can get your cooking skills on!
1. Nosh for Students – Jon & Ron May
2. Save with Jamie: Shop Smart, Cook Clever, Waste Less – Jamie Oliver
3. How to Be a Better Cook – Lorraine Pascale
4. Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook 200 Slow Cooker Recipes – Sara Lewis
5. Mary Berry Cooks The Perfect – Mary Berry
6. Cook Like A Man: The ultimate cookbook for the modern gentleman
7. The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook
8. Made in India: Cooked in Britain: Recipes from an Indian Family Kitchen – Meera Sodha
9. 200 Cupcakes: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook – Joanna Farrow
10. The Skinny Slow Cooker Recipe Book: Delicious Recipes Under 300, 400 and 500 Calories.