This meal is one of my favourites. It contains no carbs and is especially good after a long workout at the gym.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Sesame seeds
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced (alternatively why not try courgettes)
- 4 scallions, chopped
- Canola oil
How do you make it?
1. Firstly you combine 5 tablespoons teriyaki sauce and fish in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate 20 minutes.
2. Toast sesame seeds in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, and set aside.
3. Then drain your fish and throw away the marinade and add the fish to skillet, and cook 5 minutes.
4. Turn and cook for 5 more minutes over medium-low heat. Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
5. Add the zucchini, scallions, and 2 teaspoons oil to skillet. Sauté 4 minutes, or until lightly browned.
6. And finally stir in 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve with salmon.
And there you have it, your teriyaki salmon with zucchini!